Kyvor Genomics is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Bioinformatics Scientist for its Chennai location.
About The Company
Kyvor Genomics Pvt. Ltd. is a subsidiary of Kyvor Genomics Inc., USA. Kyvor is a Personalized medicine company with an initial focus on Cancer. It is currently expanding its base in Chennai, India.
As a Bioinformatics Scientist you will be responsible for the Analysis and Interpretation of sequenced cancer genome samples. This includes maintenance, benchmarking, and continuous improvement of our analysis pipelines, as well as participation in downstream analysis by applying existing tools and algorithms to analyze cancer sequencing data, collaborating with other teams to develop new tools.
PhD. in Bioinformatics/ Computational Biology/ Genetics/ Computer Science or Master’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant Work Experience.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Strong knowledge in NGS Data analysis , DNA seq analysis including variant calling annotation and interpretation.
- Extensive Knowledge and Experience in using existing Bioinformatics tools and Biological Databases.
- Understanding essential Statistical methodologies required for bioinformatics analysis.
- Experience with cloud computing environments (optional).
- Proficient in programming languages Python, Perl, R programming and various packages related to Bioinformatics.
- Strong command of the English Language is essential.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Active contribution in setting up, managing and maintaining Genomic Data Analysis pipelines.
- Critically evaluate, validate and implement innovative computational approaches and latest bioinformatic technologies and tools for the analysis of large sequence datasets from NGS technologies.
- Prepare reports and presentations as required.
- Mentor Bioinformatics Analysts and Programmers.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.