Applications are invited from eligible candidates for filling up 1 post of Senior Research Fellow (Life sciences) on contract basis for the CCRAS-funded project.
About NIMHANS, Bengaluru
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences is a medical institution in Bangalore, India. NIMHANS is the apex center for mental health and neuroscience education in the country.
- Master’s degree in Biotechnology/Genetics/Biochemistry with a good academic record.
- Two years of research experience after a Master’s degree
- Candidates who have cleared the National Eligibility Tests/
- National level examinations conducted by CSIR-UGC NETincluding lectureship, GATE, DBT, ICMR, etc
- Not exceeding 35 years as of the last date of application
- Research experience in genetic, epigenetic, and biochemical studies involving DNA methylation, quantitative gene expression, metagenomics, ELISA, Flow Cytometry, etc.
- Research experience supported by a publication of original research article in the relevant field.
Rs. 35000/- + 24% HRA.
Nature of work Selected
The candidate will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements of the research project like sample collection, processing blood samples for downstream analyses of DNA methylation, gene expression, and secretome, stool samples for metagenomic studies coordination with the concerned departments, analysis, periodic report writing, and submission, and also should participate in all Institutional and Departmental activities.
Duration of the project
3 years. The initial appointment will be made for six months, extendable for the next 2½ years subject to the performance of the candidate.
How to apply?
- Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may apply by sending their resume, photograph, certificates of age proof, qualification, caste certificate, experience, and testimonials as a single PDF in the same order. The notification number and date, candidate’s contact details including postal address, mobile number, and email address should be mentioned in the application, failing which the applications
will not be considered.
- The application can be mailed to imd.nimhans[at]gmail.com.
- The eligibility of candidates in respect of age will be determined as on the date of the written
The last date for receipt of filled-in applications together with the relevant documents is 20th August 2022. Late applications will not be entertained.