Govt. of Canada is inviting candidates from eligible and interested candidates for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022.
About Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
Areas of Research
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is unique in its emphasis on the synergy between:
- the applicant – their individual merit and potential to launch a successful research-intensive career; and
- the host institution – their commitment to the research program and alignment with the institution’s strategic priorities
An applicant to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must complete their application in full collaboration with the proposed host institution.
No. of Fellowships
70 fellowships are awarded annually.
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and foreign citizens are eligible to apply, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
2 years (non-renewable)
$70,000 per year (taxable)
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
|April to September 2022||Applicants seek endorsement from host institution to apply, prepare and submit application (institutions may have internal deadlines).|
|September 21, 2022|
|Deadline for complete application submission|
|October to December 2022||Evaluation of applications|
|Mid-February 2023||Anticipated notification of results. Applicants will be notified by email when the results are available on ResearchNet.|
|April to October 2023||Payments begin|