Online applications are invited for the India Digital Health Accelerator at the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), Bengaluru. The last date of application is 14 August.
About the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms
The Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), a Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India supported initiative and India’s premier hub for life sciences innovation and entrepreneurship, has supported innovation of a large number of Digital Health technologies through funding, incubation, mentorship and other advancement programmes.
It has emerged as a leading hub for bio-science innovation and entrepreneurship in India with a complete eco-system where start-ups can interface with national and international players to give shape to disruptive and impactful innovations.
With a 300+ strong portfolio of deeptech start-ups and a Pan-India network of 2000+, C-CAMP is where many of India’s leading deeptech start-ups have their roots.
In today’s world, digital technology is ubiquitous and is impacting every aspect of health care. India’s health system grapples with myriad challenges: India has billion plus population, cost constraints are tight, skilled human resources are limited, and majority of the population lives in rural areas spread over a vast geographical extent.
Digital technology can be harnessed to overcome these challenges by developing solutions for screening, remote monitoring, and tele-health thereby detecting diseases earlier and being able to reach out to vast rural population.
C-CAMP understands the strategic importance of Digital Health and will strongly enable innovations in this space through a dedicated accelerator programme “India Digital Health Accelerator”. The Accelerator will identify, fund, and fast-track promising early stage digital health start-ups which are working on path-breaking technologies to improve health and that have a strong potential for growth and scalability.
The major offerings of the Accelerator are:
- Pre-acceleration investment of up to INR 1 Crore per start-up
- Post-acceleration investment opportunities of up to INR 4 Crore per start-up
- 360-degree advancement for 6-months with customised one-on-one support
- Focus on business growth, international expansion, and fund raising through C-CAMP’s expertise and global network
- Opportunity to get mentored by strategic investors and partners of the Accelerator
- Platform to showcase technologies
- Indian Start-ups (registered under Companies Act, 2013 as a private limited company), having at least 51% shareholders as Indian Citizens (does not include OCI or PIO) as the mandatory requirement
- Applicants must be Indian citizens (does not include OCI or PIO)
- Start-ups must be working in deep tech digital health, digital life sciences or related domains
- The start-up should be working towards innovative technology/technologies and should be product oriented (not services oriented)
- The technology should be novel & should already have an IP or have the potential for generation of IP
- The technology should fulfill an unmet need and have an impact
- The start-ups should have a competent team in both technical & business aspects
- The technology should have a sound commercialization strategy and road map to the market
- The start-ups should have a clear understanding of the end-user/customer, policy environment, and market size
- The start-up should have a sound business plan and company vision
- The start-up must be willing to share equity
How to Apply?
Interested participants can apply for the India Digital Health Accelerator through this link.
- Launch: 18th July 2022
- Application Deadline: 14th August 2022, 11:59 pm