National Library of Medicine inviting applications from eligible candidates for the Post-doctoral research position in Microbial Bioinformatics for its Bethesda location. The last date of application is October 21.
The Jiang lab at the National Library of Medicine (NLM) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) is inviting qualified applications for postdoctoral research positions in the area of bioinformatics and data science.
The selected candidate will be able to contribute to the ongoing projects in the lab, as well as develop their own independent research projects in microbial bioinformatics. Several projects are currently available including 1) identifying and characterizing microbial gene clusters of interest; 2) knowledge based functional annotations of biosynthesis pathways; 3) building phage and bacterial interaction networks.
We are looking for creative, self-motivated individuals who are interested in applying computational tools to challenging problems in large-scale microbial genomic analysis.
Applicants who meet the following requirements will be considered for the positions:
- A Ph.D. with less than 5 years of postdoctoral experience;
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, microbiology, virology, or a related discipline with intensive training/ experience in bioinformatics;
- Strong proficiency in Python, R, and Bash;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Proven track record in this area reflected in recent or pending publications;
- Clear sense of organization, purpose, and accountability.
Prior experience in at least three of the following computational areas:
- Protein structure modeling and prediction
- Structural bioinformatics
- Comparative genomics
- Metagenomics analysis
- Large-scale genomic data analysis
- Evolutionary genomics
October 21, 2022
How to Apply?
Applicants should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests, and contact information for three references (names and e-mail addresses) to Dr. Xiaofang Jiang at xiaofang.jiang[at]nih.gov using the following email subject: “PostDoc applicant – FirstName, LastName”.