Applications are invited from eligible candidates for Postdoctoral Scientist Position at Ashoka University for the year 2022.
A funded postdoctoral research position is available in Dr. Laasya Samhita’s research group (https://miralab.co.in/), in the Department of Biological Sciences at Ashoka University.
- Candidate should holds a PhD (recently submitted thesis is also fine) and has a strong grounding in either experimental evolutionary biology or molecular biology and genetics.
- Skill in one of the following diverse areas: ribosomal biology, computational drug design or analysis of next generation sequencing (NGS) data sets is an added plus.
- If you have prior experience working with protein synthesis in any system, or AMR (antimicrobial resistance), you could transition rapidly into this work!
- The candidate must have at least one first author research paper (will consider preprints on a case-by-case basis) and be able to work independently.
The position is currently available for one year, subject to a review of performance after a trial period of three months.
How to Apply?
To apply, please send the following details to Dr Laasya Samhita at laasya.samhita[at]ashoka.edu.in with the subject line titled ‘Application for a postdoctoral position’.
- A brief statement of your research interests (~1 page), also explaining why you think you would be a good fit for our lab.
- A brief synopsis of your most exciting scientific result so far, explaining how it moved the field forward (~1 page).
- Contact details of three referees (email and contact number).